Swagatam is an initiative by the Government of India to facilitate the common man. Swagatam
facility enables the citizens to have a smooth and simple process of making an appointment. It will
bridge the gap between the Government and the common man and will enhance the opportunity of
a common man to meet a government officer, hassle free. It has advanced features of eliminating all
the cumbersome and tedious procedure of making a request for an appointment and then visiting
It is a cloud based application software developed by NIC with an easy to use graphical interface and
embedded with comprehensive security features. This is a unified and centralized application and
can be easily implemented in any Government offices / Ministries / Bhawans with some
configuration efforts. It assists in maintaining all-relevant information about the visitor, which is
automatically saved in a database.
Fixing appointment using Swagatam
- Visit website Swagatam.gov.in and register yourself with your mobile number of email id.
- On registration, the user gets a One-Time Password (OTP) on his / her Mobile phone. The OTP allows the user to confirm the registration;
- Log in using registration details and select Office and officer with whom appointment is sought. Also input your preferred slots for date and time;
- The request for meeting is submitted to the concerned officer. The concerned officer will schedule the appointment based on his engagements. The visitor gets email and SMS alert on his mobile phone as soon as the appointment is fixed;
- Visitor logs into the system and prints his Gate Pass;
- Visit the office at the appointed time. The Visitor may kindly take the entered Digital ID for his / her identification purposes; and
- In the event of change of appointment timing, the Visitor gets SMS and email alert. How a Government office may onboard the eVisitor application;
On- Boarding Procedure for an Organisation
The Central Government, State Government and Public Sector interested in using the Swagatam can submit their request online in the following way:
- The organisation Administartion can login with the official email id with nic.in or gov.in
- Verification will be done through OTP at the email id entered;
- Submit the information as desired in t he form and generate the form as requested;
- Get the application signed by the Admininstartion of the organisation and upload the same the Swagatam;
- Name, designation, contact details of a System Administrator (System Administrator would typically be managing the application for the organisation. He should be appropriately qualified / trained)
- NIC will create the User id and Password and communicate the same to the Nodal Officer and System Administrator System Administrator of the organisation will get the Master Data of the employees entered.
It is to be ensured that reception has internet connectivity with one system for 50 visitors a day. The reception must have a wired internet connection, computer with stabilised power with mouse and printer along with a webcam and bar code reader.
- Solution for all Central, State and Public sectors offices;
- Cloud based, multi – tenant;
- Highly scalable;
- SMS and email alerts for the visitors;
- Allows Reception registering of visitors directly also; and
- Query and reports to support management.